About the role
Redscan are looking for an SRE (Site Reliability Engineer) or DevOps specialist to manage our AWS infrastructure in a complex multi-technology environment.
This position has responsibility for how these systems relate to each other, contributing to our drive for superior, secure automation and proactively identifying potential outages, continually driving real-world improvements.
With clients ranging from medium enterprise FS firms to public sector entities and billion pound FTSE listed corporations, this position is business critical to our continued fast growth and stability. The successful candidate will develop software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews, conduct continual monitoring and measuring availability, latency and overall system health, provide scalability and occasionally liaise with clients.
- Manage and maintain core ThreatDetect services hosted within AWS, including ensuring up-time, security and reliability.
- Collaborate with other in-house teams including Engineering, Development and R&D in developing new services.
- Be a subject matter expert in AWS for the business, providing assistance both internally to other technical teams and externally to customers when required.
- Experience in a similar AWS SRE / infrastructure engineer role.
- Deep knowledge of AWS including the use of CloudFormation.
- Have held or are currently a holder of the following AWS certifications or have equivalent practical knowledge and experience: AWS Certified Developer or Certified SysOps Administrator, AWS Certified DevOps Engineer; and AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner.
- Familiarity with DevOps processes including the use of Git and containerisation (Docker).
- Excellent ability to write and maintain thorough documentation.
- Experience servicing and managing change control processes.
- Experience using Linux based operating systems that host production applications and/or systems.
- Coding experience or proficient familiarity with Python, Java and/or Java Script.
- Have held or are currently a holder or any other applicable AWS certification.
- Have undertaken formal training in DevOps Engineering on AWS or Advanced Developing on AWS.