About the role
The EMEA Cyber Risk team within Kroll is seeking a high caliber individual to lead a strategic insurance channel within the Region. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical insurance and/or legal background with cyber liability policy experience. The candidate will need to understand the information security industry and have specific knowledge of network and data breach response, IT security compliance and data privacy.
This individual will have a dual reporting line into the EMEA Cyber Risk Practice Leader as well as having a dotted line to the Global Strategic Channel Leader. The main focus will be to develop and maintain relationships with insurance carriers and brokers as well as insurance-focused law firms in EMEA to ensure that Kroll is engaged and collaborative with these respective partners.
Leveraging expert Kroll Cyber Risk resources, the strategic channel manager will work with these partners to ensure awareness of the full scope of Kroll’s services and to facilitate agreements that streamline our ability to respond during crisis scenarios. The successful candidate will also be expected to display innovation and creativity in aligning Kroll’s capabilities and products/services with the goals of the strategic partners for the betterment of both.
Depending on the experience and knowledge of the successful candidate, involvement in client work including (but not limited to) risk assessments and governance reviews may also be an option. Kroll would be very supportive of career development and personal growth potential with exposure to a broad range of related services and commensurate training opportunities. Significant business travel is required depending on the candidate’s physical geographic location and workload.
- Build and maintain a professional relationship with specific insurance and legal channel partners and maintain key account responsibilities to drive referral revenue, serving as advocate across the internal Kroll team.
- Drive opportunity growth and broaden deep relationships with insurance/legal channel partners.
- Optimise value of existing partnership by assuming day-to-day responsibility for ensuring the success and improving the overall value of our existing partnerships via innovation. This should result in more new business revenue being driven through our partnerships.
- Work with cross-functional teams and strategic channel leader to facilitate lead referral activity, provide input on specific solutions requested by channel partner, and assist with developing marketing ideas.
- Where appropriate, join client engagements providing risk management advisory services
- Acquire and maintain knowledge at an expert level of Kroll Advisory’s Information Security offerings and delivery mechanisms to best inform channel partners.
- Understand market trends and competitive intelligence as it relates the insurance/legal market and particular insurance accounts.
- Develop plans and tactics for growth, collaboration and innovation which will maintain Kroll’s position as a market leader in this space.
- Prior experience working in the insurance industry plus a minimum 5 years demonstrated experience in any of the following: cyber security/IT industry, legal industry, client relationship management, sales, giving presentations, creating proposals and/or managing senior level relationships.
- Strong strategic business development skills
- Demonstrated expertise in managing partnerships with large and/or industry-leading organisations.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience with Salesforce.com is required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (listening, verbal, written and presentation).
- Display an ability to communicate effectively particularly with external clients and internal colleagues demonstrating the ability to reach the desired project outcome.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Presentations – presenting information, including project plans and proposed technical solutions via phone and Web
- Client Focused - We will be approachable, empathetic, and respond to clients with a sense of urgency.
- Results-Oriented – Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; steadfastly pushes self and others for results
- Listening- Practices and promotes attentive active listening with team members, can accurately restate the positions of others regardless of their position.
- Customer Impact/Value Added – Remains up-to-date on client needs and receives positive feedback from clients; delivers solutions which meet and usually exceed the client’s expectations.
- Planning – Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; Sets objectives and goals; Breaks down
- work into the process steps; Develops schedules and task/people assignments; Anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; Measures performance against goals; Evaluates results
- Organising – Marshals resources to achieve collaborative objectives; Orchestrates multiple activities at once to accomplish goals; Uses resources effectively and efficiently; Arranges information in a useful manner