About the role
Due to rapid growth in the market, we are undergoing an exciting period of expansion and looking for a SOC Shift Lead to join our team as the shift lead in London, reporting to the Deputy SOC Manager.
As a member of our 24/7 SOC, the successful candidate will work with the team to monitor, analyse and respond to threats targeting Redscan’s ThreatDetect™ client base.
This SOC Shift Lead role will be an integral member of the Security Operations Centre. They will help identify, implement and document appropriate methodologies and provide instruction to more junior members of the SOC team in delivering these areas to customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To be a key member of the SOC and provide real time threat analysis and detection.
- Support and lead Junior SOC Analysts in delivering real time proactive monitoring and response.
- Provide remote incident response activities and advice, to support customers during and immediately after security incidents.
- Respond to system generated alerts, analyse logs and traffic patterns.
- Provide analysis and trending of security log data from many monitoring points.
- Support multiple customer environments concurrently.
- Generate customer facing security reports.
- Integrate and share information with other analysts and other teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Has a passion for security and enjoys solving problems.
- Experience working with SIEM systems.
- In-depth knowledge of the security threat landscape.
- Knowledge of various security methodologies and processes, and technical security solutions.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP Protocols, network analysis, and network/security applications.
- Knowledge of investigation techniques to determine security incidents.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanour.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Experience in mentoring and training Junior Analysts.
- Candidate must be eligible to obtain a UK National Security Clearance
- Industry standard certifications such as: Cisco Cyber Ops, CompTIA S+, CompTIA CySA+.
- 2+ years’ experience as a Cyber Security Analyst or equivalent.
- Ability to work a shift rota.
- Desirable: Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience and knowledge.
- Desirable: Programming and scripting experience.
- Desirable: Experience of working in an MSSP/MDR SOC environment.