About the role
Due to rapid growth in the market, we are undergoing an exciting period of expansion and looking for a Junior SOC Analyst to join our team in London or Nottingham.
Working within our 24/7 cyber security operations centre, the successful candidate will help to monitor, analyse and respond to threats targeting Redscan’s ThreatDetect™ client-base.
- To be a key member of the SOC and provide real time threat analysis and detection.
- Respond to system generated alerts, analyse logs and traffic patterns.
- Provide analysis and trending of security log data and network traffic from many monitoring points.
- Generate customer facing security reports.
- Support multiple customer environments concurrently.
- Integrate and share information with other analysts and other teams.
- Research security trends, new methods and techniques used in unauthorised access of data attempts in order to pre-emptively eliminate the possibility of system breaches.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and experience
- A passion for Cyber Security and enjoys solving problems
- Knowledge of the security threat landscape
- Knowledge of various security methodologies and processes, and technical security solutions (firewall and intrusion detection systems)
- Knowledge of TCP/IP Protocols, network analysis, and network/security applications
- Knowledge of common Internet protocols and applications
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Ability to cope successfully under pressure and with shifting priorities
- Ability to work on a shift rota
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanour
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Candidate must be eligible to obtain a UK National Security Clearance (which requires 5 years UK residency)
- Desirable: 1-3 years’ experience as a Security/Network Administrator or equivalent
- Desirable: Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience and knowledge
- Desirable: Experience working with SIEM systems
- Desirable: Industry recognised Security and Networking certifications (CCNA, NET+, SEC+, CREST, GIAC, CYSA+)