About the role
As part of our accelerating expansion, we are looking for additional Junior SOC Analysts to work within our 24/7 cyber security operations centre delivering our MDR/EDR and IR service to clients.
This Junior SOC Analyst role will be an integral member of the Security Operation Centre. They will help identify and analyse potential threats utilising a number of different SIEM & EDR tools.
- To be a key member of Security Operations Centre (SOC) and provide real-time threat analysis and detection.
- Respond to system generated alerts, analyse logs and traffic patterns.
- Provide analysis and trending of security log data from many monitoring points.
- Support multiple customer environments concurrently.
- Generate customer facing security reports.
- Integrate and share information with other analysts and other teams.
- Research security trends, new methods and techniques used in unauthorised access of data attempts in order to pre-emptively eliminate the possibility of system breaches.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A passion for Cyber Security and enjoys solving problems
- Knowledge of the security threat landscape
- Knowledge of various security methodologies and processes, and technical security solutions (firewall and intrusion detection systems)
- Knowledge of TCP/IP Protocols, network analysis, and network/security applications
- Knowledge of common Internet protocols and applications
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Ability to cope successfully under pressure and with shifting priorities
- Ability to work on a shift rota
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Candidate must be eligible to obtain a UK National Security Clearance (which requires 5 years UK residency)
- 1-3 years’ experience as a Security/Network Administrator orequivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience and knowledge
- Experience working with SIEM systems
- Industry standard certifications such as: CompTIA Security+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA CySa+, Cisco CCNA, EC-Council CEH, and/or relevant specialized degree in Cyber Forensics or Computer Science.