About the role
We are looking for a Vice President, Solution Engineering, Cyber Risk to advise our clients and prospective clients on Managed Detection and Response (MDR) services. In this role you will partner with our Sales and Incident Response teams to introduce, position and architect technical solutions to address our clients’ detection and response needs.
You will act as a trusted advisor and technical subject matter expert on Managed Detection and Response, which will include sound working knowledge of Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR), Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM), and Network Detection and Response (NDR) tools. You will be responsible for interpreting the challenges of, and unravelling the requirements for, complex client environments which will include: cloud services, endpoints, network assets and a broad array of security control technologies.
Your success will be determined by your ability to help our sales and managed services teams drive efficiency and revenue growth while also maintaining credibility and relationships with our clients.
- Lead technical sales demonstrations and presentations
- Develop relationships with client technical and leadership teams, to position yourself as a trusted advisor
- Design and architect compelling solutions, selecting the right technologies and configurations to address client requirements
- Respond to technical questions and requests for proposals, from clients and internal teams, articulating the benefits and value of the proposed solution
- Contribute to the development of sales materials and documentation, and assist with sales-enablement for both internal and partner sales teams
- Support internal marketing, product, and incident response engagement managers with messaging and communication about Kroll’s MDR services
- Engage with key technology and channel partners to represent Kroll’s requirements on behalf of our client base
- Provide leadership, training and mentoring for junior team members, and contribute to vision and growth of Solution Engineering, within Kroll Cyber
- 5+ years in a customer facing work experience in a managed security, MSSP, MDR, EDR or similar security organization with a technical focus
- 2+ years experience in sales engineering or solution architecture role
- Proven track record of establishing and maintaining technical customer relationships
- Successful track record and experience in bidding on complex cyber security tenders.
- Ability to communicate about complex technical solutions and topics to a wide range of audiences including C-suite and senior security engineering
- Deep understanding of security technologies such as EDR, SIEM, Cloud provider security solutions, Anti-virus, Firewall, Network Intrusion detection
- Familiarity with security frameworks: CIS Critical Security Controls, NIST500:83, ISO27001
- Familiarity with Enterprise Architecture frameworks: TOGAF, SABSA, etc.
- Relevant education and certifications
- Self-driven and self-motivated, with a bias for action