CCTV Privacy Notice
Redscan Cyber Security Limited (“Redscan”) collects and processes personal data through the use of a CCTV system. This privacy notice is designed to inform you about the data we collect, what we use it for and your rights regarding the use of this data.
Who is Redscan?
Redscan provides cyber security services to a wide range of organisations. We are committed to protecting the personal data we hold.
This notice is in relation to the use of CCTV at the Redscan office located at:
6 Experian Way
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
Why does Redscan collect and process personal data?
The CCTV system operated by Redscan is used for the purposes of:
- Staff safety
- Building security
- Crime prevention
- Crime detection
Location on cameras
Some CCTV cameras may capture members of the public. Redscan has evaluated the rights of individuals against the purposes listed above and has positioned cameras to minimise any undue data capture.
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Redscan refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain (as outlined in the Complaints section below).
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should any Third Parties be involved in the processing of your personal data.
You have the right to see CCTV images of you and to ask for a copy of them. If you wish to do so, please email us at email@example.com
From time-to-time, Redscan may update this privacy notice to reflect changes to the personal data we process or for other operational, legal or regulatory reasons.
The date at the bottom of this notice indicates when the notice was last updated.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is processed by Redscan, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are unhappy about how a complaint has been handled by Redscan, you have a right to lodge a complaint directly with the Information Commissioner’s Office in the UK (www.ico.org.uk) or your local supervisory authority.
Updated 1st May 2018